Welcome to my patients and colleagues
I am pleased to announce the expansion of Regional Neurology and Sleep Medicine Institute (DBA also University Neurology and Sleep Medicine). I have offices in Columbus at the Polaris Mall area, and the other office in Marion OH (in the BKC office) and recently opened in Marysville. I’ve opened my practice to serve your patients having neurological concerns as well as patients in need of evaluations of sleep problem and Opioid addiction. We are also expecting to open soon a comprehensive syncope, balance/dizziness evaluation center.
Who I am and what I believe
My name is Dr. Eskender Getachew M.D, R.Ph. I am a Neurologist, specialist in Adult and Pediatric sleep medicine and addiction Medicine. I am also a pharmacist. I received my undergraduate degree from Purdue University School of Pharmacy and worked as a pharmacist for about six years.
I completed my doctorate of medicine at Medical College of Ohio. My post-graduate training includes a neurology residency at Cleveland Clinic and a fellowship in pediatric and adult medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. I am board certified in Neurology, Sleep medicine and board eligible in Addiction medicine..
My goal is that our practice will be much more than merely a “doctor’ office” or a “sleep lab”, instead, I want our practice to be a place where children and adults find support, answers, and direction. We look forward to serving you and your patient’s Neurologic, Sleep and addiction treatment needs. Please feel free to call us with any questions or comments that you may have.
The following is a brief summary of the area of my practice interest.
Adult Neurological Diseases
- Stroke, memory problems such as Alzheimer’s disease, Neck and Back pain, Migraine Headaches, Epilepsy, Dizziness, and Balance disorders
- Movement Disorders including Parkinson’s disease and Tremors
- Multiple Sclerosis, Neuromuscular Disorders including ALS, Myasthenia Graves, Muscular Dystrophy, Acute and Chronic Neuropathy
- Brain or Spinal cord tumors and other neurological conditions
Special Diagnostic Services
- EEG, Ambulatory EEG
- EMG & Nerve Conduction Studies, VNS (Vagal Nerve Stimulators)
Adult and Pediatric Sleep/Wake Disorders
- Sleep apnea, Narcolepsy, Restless Leg Syndrome, Periodic Limb Movements
- Jet lag, Work shift changes, Insomnia, Nightmares, Night terrors
- Sleep related behavioral problems, Teeth grinding, Head banging, Sleep walking. Bedwetting
Special Services- Opioid Addiction treatment
- certified to prescribe Suboxone SL
Get all the benefits of SUBOXONE & save out-of-pocket expenses
Comprehensive Syncope, Balance and Dizziness Evaluation Center
- When was the last time you were checked for unknown balance or dizziness problems??
Why You Should Choose Us
- Fast Track Sleep & Neurology Clinic – We provide open-access scheduling to accommodate the needs of referring physicians and patients. (patients seen in less than a week’s time)
- Timely and thorough service- A Neurologist and fellowship trained sleep specialist are there for you in our state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment facility.
- Sleep Lab- The sleep lad has deluxe hotel like patients suites with individual temperature control and private bathrooms and showers.
- Expertise- All of our sleep technologist are registered and highly trained.
- Pediatric- We offer expertise in pediatric sleep medicine.
- Immediate Service- Patients with sleep disorders are diagnosed and treated over two consecutive nights, the patient’s treatment can start immediately. We are the only single sleep lab that can promise that in the Columbus area and for that matter in Ohio! Patients go home with their CPAP/Bi-level machine the morning after.
- Reporting- We provide prompt reporting to the referring physician.
- Insurance- All insurance accepted including Medicare and Tricare.
- Electronic Medical Records
Benefits To You
- A more restorative sleep
- Feeling more awake with less daytime and drowsiness
- An improved mental well-being with less irritability, fewer mood swings and less depression
- Improved memory
- Fewer headaches
- Less occurrence of gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Fewer complications during surgery when lying on back under general anesthetic
- Reduced chance of misdiagnosis of children deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children.
What Sets Us Apart
We have a Fast Track Neurology clinic which provides open-access scheduling to accommodate the needs of the referring physician and patients (patient seen next day or in less than a week time).You can contact us through our contact form or call our office at 614-854-0300.
- Timely and thorough service, by a board certified neurologist and fellowship trained sleep specialist. We utilize the most state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and current proven treatments.
- Our entire sleep lab staff consists of registered technologists who have completed extensive training and board certification.
- Patients with sleep disorders are diagnosed and treated over two consecutive nights. They go home with their CPAP/BILEVEL machine the morning after their completion of their study or obtain 1-3 days from their choice of DME company.
- There is no more waiting days or weeks for a CPAP/BILEVEL machine. The patient’ treatment can start immediately.
- We provide prompt reporting to referring physicians as well as one week contact follow ups with patients for their first month after their sleep study to ensure continued education, comfort and continued progress.